Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
Hey,

we are putting our company over to the new server2003 and to map the network drive we have with all our folders on each computer each user must put in a username and password...i was thinkng how could i eliminate this and i come up with the solution that u could make a script file that automaticly puts in there username and password as soon as they login...u can do this becuase each username can have a diffrent login script...

does anyone know how to do this ??

the network drive. Do you have a shared network share that the users use? Are you wanting to mapp their drives to there logon?

yes the network drive is for everyone in the company....and the way they get into it is by using there username and passwords

yes i want it so that when they login they wont have to go into my computer then click the network drive and put a password in...

Well were I work, I set them a shared drive on the main server. I go to the user$ directory, make them a new folder, name it gatesbl. Then I go to properties, share it out like this: gatesbl$ and then go to the permissions tab and give tem permission to the foldr otherwise, it will error out with an access is denied when they try to access it. Then the login script we use to map the network drives, maps the specified drives and the users shared drive. Make sense?

ok well we have 1 drive...its called Data....then within that we have all the folders of each department i.e. marketing, but we all use this data drive and each person can get into all the folder because we all put documents and stuff into each others folder...i just need a login script so that it automaticly connects to the Data drive....so it puts in there username and password on login..i can make it map the drive by script no problems but i need to know how to make it put the user and pass in as well...

in theory when you connect to the server it attempts to use the windows username and password on the workstation to authenticate the resource, so if the username and password are the same it should connect with no prompts.

not wen its running off a domain...it becomes complicated and u need login scrips...in windows xp it will use the windows login no problems...

Here is how mine is setup.

Make sure in Active Directory, the user has permission to the folder. Under landjr$, Member Off Tab, HEBFPS001\administrators is listed

In the USERS$ sharing properties, HEBFPS001\admininstrators listed

So this means landjr$ has access to his folder from his desktop.

We got USERS$

Now within that folders, are all of the Windows users EX:

landjr$
wyattre$
bellsa$

Now if you right click the user folder, go to properties, sharing tab, permissions, it is set to EVERYONE

Now lets go to the users folders$

Let use landjr$

Right click on landjr$, go to properties, sharing, permissions. Make sure the users folder has a $ sign so it can be shared. Then go to the security tab and add the username to the folder, EX:

landjr is now landjr$

Permission is set to EVERYONE
Security tab wehave Domain Admins, hexlanadmins, and landjr all with Full Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom