Ultimate Gaming System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColombiunPride

Beta member
I'm planning on buying a high end gaming rig from a computer company. I'm not entirely comfortable building one myself, but want a quality gaming rig backed up by great support.

I've read a lot of about http://www.alienware.com, and have also looked into http://www.zenotek.com. I went through both there ordering processes with the same configuration. Zenotek turned out to be $250 less. They also seem to have free shipping and include one free year of Norton Internet Security.

I like Alienware's cases, but the waiting time for the 7800GTX 512MB is a couple of weeks. Knowing Alienware's good reputation I would go with them, but I don't see an advantage in spending an extra $250 if I can use it towards upgrading parts on a Zenotek system. In my opinion both look like good companies, but what I think it comes down to is price and quality.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

meh, don't go with AW, they tend to rip people off with high prices and substandard parts.

Why do you hope they go out of business. They are an alternative for people who want a high end system, but dont know how to build a computer, or feel unsafe spanding a lot of money to try to build their own.

Dude take it from me and everyone else in the world that knows anything about computer hardware. Monarchcomputers.com is the way to go if you're getting a prebuilt system. Alienware and all those big name companys rip you off. Monarchcomputer has a very good reputation and is very safe to buy from.

NeedAcpu said:
Dude take it from me and everyone else in the world that knows anything about computer hardware. Monarchcomputers.com is the way to go if you're getting a prebuilt system. Alienware and all those big name companys rip you off. Monarchcomputer has a very good reputation and is very safe to buy from.

Couldnt have said it better. Monarch is a GREAT site. Essentially you choose what parts you want for your computer- they have a very good selection, much better than any manufacturer- and they charge about $75 to build it. Much cheaper than alienware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom