Rate my new Gaming Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam02

In Runtime
Well, this is my very first PC made for gaming and music production.

heres the stuff i already have in my room:

Hiper Type-R 580WATT SLI PSU . ive switched it on and its really nice, silent as anything and nice blue glow. apparantly a really decent PSU for the price i got it.

Lite-ON DVD ROM I dont burn CDs or watever, so im happy with a DVD-rom at the mo. if i ever need a DVD burner il get one.

Logitech MX518 Nuff said.

Saitek Eclipse USB Keyboard teh $hit

Things that are ordered and on their way!

GiGabyte 3D Aurora Black Aluminium tower case Its a really nice case and is ready for watercooling. i like it :)

DFI-Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D since im not going SLI because of the Price/Performance ratio and that single solution will suit me right to the ground, i chose this Mobo. apparantly a real gem.

Western Digital 200GIG SATA 8mb cache i have only filled 34 gig on my laptop so i dont need a lot of space. and i dont fancy raptors due to my budget and since this will do me fine. the model is 2000JD or something.

AMD Opteron 165 DUAL CORE ordered this as i was told its very future proof and is great for overclocking. it will overclock well wen i get my watercooling in my case. (apparantly)

Things that aren't ordered yet but may be ordered if i finalise what items to get.

Ok this is where u guys come in.

Samsung Syncmaster 19" 1248x1024 DVI 4ms i guess this is a decent monitor that will let me play games at a nice resolution at an awesome price.

Ati X1900XT or Nvidia 7800GT so i havent decided. im lookin to upgrade to the G80 or next gen single solution. but what will do me for now? considerin the monitor.
the 7800GT's are at an awesome price at the mo. but the X1900XT delivers! so wat u guys think?

G.skill HZ extreme series PC4000 DDR 500 im pretty dead set on these considering im getin an opty dual core. but if u guys have any views, please discuss.

Windows XP pro or Home?

i think thats all... thanks, adam.

thats an awesome build but i agree with kryptoknight, stick with the 7800gt and wait till the G71 comes out, then upgrade;
or
if you don't have the money and wanna upgrade, then get a temporary card and then upgrade to a G71 when it comes out.
The G71 card comes out sometime near march(i think)

hmm i was thinking if i get the X1900XT 512 and keep it for a couple of months untill the G80 comes out with DX10 support? wen it comes out sell the ATI x1900xt on ebay get some cash from it, add my own savings and get the G80. besides the G71 will be $hit expensive.

and which OS to get?

by the time you want to buy a g80, the prices of the g71 will probably be a few hundred dollars away from it and the x1900xt will probably be real cheap when you sell it so why don't you save up rights now with a 6800gt and then get the g80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom