Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
Correction, I was wrong, yes you can run IE 6 with IE 7, heres how:

Sure, you knew IE7 Beta 1 was up on MDSN, but you don't have a free machine to test it on. Can't install it on your main work machine, because you can't afford to mess it up... plus, you need to be testing your work against IE 6, right?

You thought about setting up a Virtual PC image, but it seemed like too much trouble for a Beta 1. Still, it would be nice to click around in it for a few minutes here and there...

Fret no more! IE has a secret standalone mode which lets you run multiple versions side by side (thanks to Joe Maddalone for figuring this out).

It's pretty simple:

Download the IE7 Beta 1 Install from MSDN
Open the install file with WinRAR (yep, it's an EXE, but it's a self extracting EXE) and extract them to a folder. Alternatively, you can just run the EXE, make a copy of the files which are extracted in the first step, and cancel the install. I was too chicken to do this on my work computer.
Look in the folder you extracted to for the file SHLWAPI.DLL. Delete this file.
Create a new text file in the folder, then rename it to IEXPLORE.exe.local.
That's it. The .local file in the folder tells the IExplore.exe instance to run in local mode, which means it won't mess with your IE6 settings, registry, etc. It sounds complicated, but it takes less than 10 minutes and it goes just great with your Friday morning coffee. Of course, you can help your friends at work (who also have MDSN subscriptions, of course) by zipping the folder and sharing it with them so they don't have to go through this crazy mumbo jumbo.

i did that and i got this error
error7um.jpg

but since i did that i get this error

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1237/error24kr.jpg

When i installed it and reset my pc everything was screwed up, i couldnt see any webpages because it said something was wrong with my security settings and also MSN messenger wouldnt sign in and when i did troubleshoot it came back with about 5 reasons why it wasnt working so i just did a system restore because i didnt know what to do and didnt wanna mess it up any more!?

it could be u dont have a genine copy of XP

sayin that i dont and i can view pages with it

Microsoft Flooded With IE7 Bug Reports

Bug reports and security warnings have started pouring in just hours after Microsoft released a second public beta of its forthcoming Internet Explorer 7 browser.

Security researcher Tom Ferris exposed a vulnerability that causes the application to crash or execute arbitrary code when a user visits a specially crafted website.

A Microsoft employee wrote on the Internet Explorer Blog that this problem is caused by stricter URL-scheme handling in the browser and that the company is working on a fix.

Other testers reported issues with McAfee's antivirus software in which users were unable to launch the McAfee Security Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom