Task bar not available...help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
my comp was perfectly fine yesterday but when i turned it on today, my task bar is unaccessable.
when i put the pointer near it, it just shows "wait" sign. or sometimes the entire task bar disappers. and i cant even get to the control panel. it just wont open. and at the bottom, microsoft security says my firewall is turned off. ihave never turned that off...but i cant get to the firewall option. it just wont open. and no internet connection either. what is goin on?? is this virus? im using AVG anti-virus and its on all the time...i downloaded some game demo onto other HD which isnt the system HD yesterday. thats all i did. and today my comp is not happy...pls help. im on XP pro sp2.

bah...this is still keep happenning to me...but i found out the cause. its the daemon Tools (latest version) causing it. when it stats up, the task bar just freezes and i used the task bar repair tools but it didnt do anything. and at the beginning, daemon tools gives me this warning: "daemon tools needs windows 2000 or above to work. kernel debugger must be off." im on winsows xp...and i have no ida about this debugger part..i really want to use daemon tools to mount all my games. is there anyway to fix this or is there any other cd/dvd mounting tools i can use? (except alcohol120)

pls some1 help...this is keep happenning and getting worse. now windows wont start up normally. it freezes at the windows logo. but the loading bar is still moving but not booting up. and yes the boot drive is det to the main HD. in order to start it up, i have to choose "start up from last known working configuration". wont work on "start up normally". and even when i can start it up, the task bar is frozen most of the time. and i have to reboot several times to make it work. i thought its the daemon tools doing it but after i unistall it, it keeps happenning. do i have to do the system restore? do i lose anything for doing that? like do i lose anything that ive installed after the restore date?

Depends how your system restore is set up, for example mine makes a restore point almost everytime i log in.

Just try it, you wont lose anything in your documents folder etc.

Let us know how you get on

You should try going in on safe mode.

is daemon tools set to start up on boot?

if yes, when you've gotten into Windows, turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom