what needs more horsepower

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
i want to setup a small Active Directory network and i've done some of my testing already, i have 2 systems and i need 2 systems but i don't know which to use for wat...

I have my current File Server

PIII 1 GHz
512 RAM
windows server 2003
DVD Burner

and my Dual PII 400
Windows server 2003
(can swap out DVD drive if need be for File Server)

which one should be my Active Directory + DNS + DC, and which should be the FS

thanks in advance.

umm...ok...that has almost nothing to do with the topic..thanks for the minimal contribution...

IBMan said:
umm...ok...that has almost nothing to do with the topic..thanks for the minimal contribution...

Your welcome. Just let me know if you need anything else. I'll be glad to help, because i am always helpful to unappreciative people.;)

Woa woa guys lets not start a flaming war and get this topic closed. What system will you be using more frequently?

the File Server will probably actually get more attention, it's hosting my MP3's software, Ghost Imaging server, backup server, CD and DVD Burner/Ripper... so im actually probably going to use the Dual PII for the AD and DNS and DC

IBMan said:
the File Server will probably actually get more attention, it's hosting my MP3's software, Ghost Imaging server, backup server, CD and DVD Burner/Ripper... so im actually probably going to use the Dual PII for the AD and DNS and DC

hmm that makes sense to me I'd go wiht that but you sytill might want to get a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom