Another OS Usage Law Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Can you just have the CD's for Windows and still be legit?
Like I have been trying to offically set up my second PC now that my house mate's freinds from Gemany don't need it any more. But since I have moved, I have lost the paper work for :-
1. Windows 2000 Upgrade
2. Windows 98 SE

I remember calling MS years ago about Windows 98 once as a freind did loose his CD, but not his paper work for windows 98. Luck for him, me makes back ups of everything.

But does it work the otherway around. I have my LEGIT CDs, but I don't have the paper work?

Lucky for me, I did write the OEM number on the actual disk.

You will be fine if using those keys for the cd's. You just cant sell them with a systme or by them selves

MicroBell said:
I'm not sure I understand...You have the MS CD's and codes/key but have lost the paper work? Are you planning on selling a system to a user with these CD's but no paperwork? If thats the case..then your in violation of the Windows ULA.

No. It's called it MY Cds, My Computers, and I have moved house 2 times in the last 2 years, and during this time the paper work has been lost.

I have no plans to sell this computer to any one.

You're ok...With all the piracy going on now a days I say your wayyyy down on the food chain for getting audited any time soon by microsoft ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom