what can i get for 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he did say he had $2000 to spend. The FX60 would fit right into that budget, since he has no need of a monitor and so I'm guessing he's got other smaller peripherals as well. Why not maximize a budget and get the best?

defzeppelin said:
Where has it been proven? Not being snotty, it is just that I have been hearing how AMD is better for gaming, AMD is better for gaming. But I hear that Intels are more stable and reliable, I don't know what to believe. A lot of computer techies are biased and annoying, no offense.

its cool.. im busy right now.. but ill find the reviews later.. amds got better frames on games and were also even better than intels at multitasking in ceratin situations. its not just gaming.. the overall performance of amd has been proven better.. ill find the benchmarks and reviews a little later

ooo yea also in the dualcore battle,, amd clearly won in almost every test

defzeppelin said:
Why do you guys always choose AMD processors.

For 2k, you can have an awesome Computer. I am in the process of researching different hardware and learning how to put a Computer up from scratch.

For what I learned, it seems you guys are choosing pretty weird components...a processor that is 1k isn't needed...that can be used on more important things. No game needs 4Gighz processors :confused:

Graphics card you can get two XFX GeForce 6800GS..they are pretty much the 2nd best GFX cards on the market ATM.

For the Motherboard I would get the best ASUS SLI with intel and Nvidia chipsets. *maybe this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131564* AMD is cheaper for a reason...get a good intel chip...at a clock speed of 3.0, you can always OC it, but the Processor isn't the most important thing in the universe.

I would get two 74GB WD Raptors and put them in RAID zero. This will be used for your OS and most used games/programs. Put the OS on one decently sized partition for OS, and another for the games, ect. Then get a nice storage drive, maybe you can get the new 500gb HD out there.

Get a nice 2GB XMS Corsair kit with the lowest latencies.

Get a nice cooler master case without psu, and buy one from the top nme brands, and the model that is infamous for silence.

For cooling, get a nice water cooling kit.

get a sweet sound card.

Good monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001070

AMD are better for gaming. It's been proven in several benchmark tests. An FX-60 will give highest preformance in games compared to most (almost all) other CPU's. Personally I agree with you. You really don't need a CPU like that. That's just for rich kids who have no idea what they're doing. Don't do SLI, what a waste of money if you don't believ me click here. XFX is also one of the worst brands for pretty much anyting, they use low quality parts resulting in poor tweaking and overclocking. e-VGA, Leadtek, BFG, MSI are all better brands.Although the 6800GS's are very nice cards they are NOT the 2nd best card on the market, the second best would either be the 7800GTX 256MB or the 512MB. ASUS boards tend to be a little buggy with AMD, get the first motherboard suggested (DFI lanparty NF4 not the crossfire edition). Sure AMD is cheaper, there's no real reason why they are, infact put it this way. Intel is overpriced. 3.0GHz?? On that budget?!? Noo way. Get an Opteron and overclock that, or something like a 3700+ Sandiaego core. You don't need watercooling if your not overclocking. Sound card isin't really a big deal, unless your getting really nice speakers save your self $80 and stick with the onboard sound.

I base my opinion on personal experience and I like them better then intel.

Don't do SLI, what a waste of money if you don't believ me

Awe **** I just purchased two SLI ready Nvidia cards because I read great reveiws in some magazines.

Same here, I can overclocked my CPU to 2.833GHz windows stable but I usually keep it a like 2.4GHz. That's comparable to an INTEL 3.8GHzP4. It also costs like $150 Canadian. I wanted to compare cpu's so I took a radeon X300 form my DELL which is a 3.0GHz and ran the HL2 stress test. I scored 56PFS, with the same settings as on the DELL. I put the card back in the DELL and ran the same test with the same settings and I got 42FPS.

biggjoee5790 said:
its cool.. im busy right now.. but ill find the reviews later.. amds got better frames on games and were also even better than intels at multitasking in ceratin situations. its not just gaming.. the overall performance of amd has been proven better.. ill find the benchmarks and reviews a little later

ooo yea also in the dualcore battle,, amd clearly won in almost every test

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/

Building a Cool PC

Some online stores will let you make a wishlist of parts and accessories for your perfect pc. thats what i do when i build new PCs, i keep a running total and list of things that i want to put in it and i go to forums and ream all of the reviews on the particular object.

Oh, and i currently have two systems made up. i have a system with SLI 6800GT OC's and a 7800GTX 512MB, i would almost have to say that the 6800's run better than my 7800GTX with some things, SLI isnt the worst thing on the planet, if you want to get technical CrossFire is.

As for processor, deffinitely go with AMD, what you get is your choice but if you got money, go for the best on the market today, that way you dont have to upgrade for a LONG LONG LONG TIME, that way you can upgrade other more "important" parts such as memory and video.

Sound card, depends on what your going with, ive got X-Fi Ultra in my main machine becuase i have a killer sound system becuase i do alot with music and audio.

Memory, the most important part, go with Dual Channel if you can, and if you really wanna get the best performace go with Corsair. there the best in my opionon.

Case - well go with what you like, as long as you get maxium cooling, Clear side? well what are you gonna do with it such as lights.

Mobo, well try and get your processor and video card narrowed down first then go from there, there alot of mobos that will conform to those two main things.

Re: Building a Cool PC

PCmaster12014 said:
SLI isnt the worst thing on the planet, if you want to get technical CrossFire is.
Nice one:p

I never said that SLI was useless or anything but it usually just endups costing more than one single card of higher quality.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/ is a good site to get custom built pc's off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom