Card to get before G80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Hey Im building a new pc in a few months and Im going to be getting a 4800+ Toldeo processor, 2 GB of G.SKILL ram and 600 Watt PSU with watercooling....My question is what would be a nice cheap video card that can let me play thru todays games as pretty good quality but with out spending alot of money so when the G80 comes out Il upgrade to that...Im not saying the 7800 GT and GTX are bad cards, Im just saying I would rather have a flipping fast, DX 10, card that I wont have to upgrade for like a year and a half....but yeah any replys are good thanks evreyone :)

PS: when exactly is the relase date of the G80...im so excited:D

If you want to stay on the cutting edge, plan on spending around $700 about every six months on a new video card. Also, I suggest buying a 7800GT for now, great power : performance ratio, and save some of that cash for when the G80 does come out. Also look out for AMD's socket AM2, which should be appearing within a month or two hopefully ... June at the latest if all else fails.

Also, I believe the G80 isn't expected until Q2 or Q3. ATI is releasing the R600 in Q4. These are just educated guesses though, nothing confirmed by the companies themselves.

The fastest card on the market as of now is the ATI X1900XT, for a MSRP of $650.

Ok thanks...btw whats Q2 or Q3...im confused...and will the R600 be better than the G80 or is there no evidence to proove that yet..

It's almost all completely speculation. If you're like me, you'll stay a generation behind for monitary purposes.

Ryan

There is no proof on any of the upcoming cards from what i have seen so far. Anything people are saying is just best guess by the fanboi's out there.

Brtnboarder495 said:
The fastest card on the market as of now is the ATI X1900XT, for a MSRP of $650.

Is the 1900Xt the fastest one at the moment ? I thought the 7800GTX 512 MB is better ???

The X1900XTX is the fastest card on the market for 650 the X1900XT is only 550 dollars and its a tad slower then the X1900XTX and the 7800GTX 512MB is up there with it. Not enough benchmarks to prove which one is better but an X1900XTX packs a big punch

=the 7800 gt is a very nice card and can handle almost anything you throw at it........But Im very Overwhelmed that when the g80 comes out these computer games will be a ***** to run and for a 15 year old like me its not fair..so I think once I get a g80 Im sticking with that...then dx 11 will com eout in 1 month........arg....I hate technology...

Dontcar3...have you seen the new DX10 video? New cards are coming buddy. You're an idiot to say they aren't...The listed specs are identical unanimously across the web. You think that is a coincidence? Also...the AM2 processor cores are already titled Windsor, Orleans and Manilla. The G71 will be out shortly then the G80 in june/july or sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom