7800GS and good news for agp people

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
well the 7800GS was on the frontpage of Tom's hardware and its great news for people who still have AGP. the 7800GS loooks to be better than the 6800ultra adn in some thests the X850XT PE. thats all it tests it against and im looking at the VGA charts to compare it to more cards but most of the tests on the VGA charts are different than the 7800GS's tests. The 7800GS also comes in AGP for those people who stil have old 6600 or 6800 cards and want to upgrade to the 7 series you can now but its not on newegg, or any other site yet but probably in the next week everyone with AGP can hop around like a moron cause they have a 7 series card.

7800GS info and tests.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/02/nvidia_7800gs_confirms_agp_aint_dead_yet/

I would advise anybody still on AGP to just hang tight and do a complete system upgrade this summer. Games will get to the point where they will be bottlenecked not only by the AGP cards, but by the processors that are paired with those older motherboards as well. If you are a casual gamer though who wants to squeze a couple more years out of your older system and doesn't care about eye candy, then this is good news for you.

Why were the 3dmark 05 scores so crappy on that link, he said a 6800 ultra was only getting 3.9k. What the heck, my 6800gs AGP gets 4.3k?

Without "EYECANDY" PC games are useless.

Casual Gamers should stick to consoles.

Hardcore Gamers eat "EYECANDY" for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That benchmark is incorrect because the resolutions are reverse of what they should be. The score for 1024x768 in that benchmark is really the score for 1600x1200.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Without "EYECANDY" PC games are useless.

Casual Gamers should stick to consoles.

Hardcore Gamers eat "EYECANDY" for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

dont forget desert.

but yeah casual gamers shuld stick to consoles like my friend who thinks he's a "HARDCORE" gamer when he thought buying dell and upgrading it would be good for games when it only has PCI clots. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom