Im dumb, a total noob and i got some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh good idea but who would buy just the tower? and it sucks, even with the geforce fx 5500 i put in it its still a horrible peice of **** that i hate..

but where could i sell it? also, how would I destroy all the files on it so no one could like, see my passwords and stuff?

and thanks for those links, wow a dvd burner for 40 bucks, i assume it reads cd's and stuff too.. what a great deal

and 200gb storage :O that would ROCK!! i hate deleting stuff

thanks for the quality links :)

heres a pic of inside the pc, could someone tell me what everything is and where the new stuff would go. i know what t he motherboard is but thats about it..

pcinside.jpg

Don't bother with that. It was just misreading, it doesn't matter. Guitarfreak was just pointing it out. What are the specs of your computer? If you don't know you can download Belarc Advisor here and then just post back with an answer. The reason I'm asking this is just to see how much your computer can pull in as far as money goes. You also actually have to pick up a new copy of windows XP. Just grab one from www.newegg.com

You know, if you're trying to save a buck, you can reuse the hard drive, and the processor. It'll save you a lot of money. You don't want to build an AWESOME system around a X800GTO2 or anything.

Ryan

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 3000
System Service Tag: (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number:
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0R8060
Serial Number: ..
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A02 11/08/2004
Drives Memory Modules c,d
76.20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
38.38 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148A

WDC WD800BB-75JHA0 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAM94900950, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy 510 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM_1' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM_2' has 256 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 76.20 GB 38.38 GB free

i figured thats what you meant?

also, LOL 93 dollars for windows, especially when i already have a windows disc.. i dont think so hahaha

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
You know, if you're trying to save a buck, you can reuse the hard drive, and the processor. It'll save you a lot of money. You don't want to build an AWESOME system around a X800GTO2 or anything.

Ryan

ahh i dont like anything on this dell though.. i want one thats fast for a change, also, i could always buy a new video card if i wanted to, its not like it would be locked in ya know

edit- hey i live in kansas city, i see you live in pleasent hill cool :)

sure thing. I'm in Kansas City right now. I go to school at Rockhurst University.

You could reuse the hard drive... It can be storage or a primary. It's not going to be slow.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom