Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
These are my soon to be system specs:
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD
Processor: AMD Opteron 165 Dual-Core 1.80GHz Socket 939 Processor
Memory: Corsair Value Select PC3200 DDR400 Kit 2x1024MB 184-pin
Video Card: EVGA GEFORCE 6800GS PCI-E 256MB

I was going to get a webcam, the Quickcam Fusion which was like 100 bucks, but i decided not to, so now i got a choice to put 100 bucks more on any of the folowing items above to make it better. the motherboard i want to keep, and the processor too, so i need to know if i should either upgrade the vid card to 7800GT or upgrade the Ram to a better oc ram. i dunt kno which one will be more future proof, 7800GT or a good ram so please post your suggestions. and if u think i should upgrade the ram, please post a link on which one.

u think so eh? hmm. but do u think i can oc my opteron 165 to at LEAST 2.2 - 2.3 gigz without using dividers for the value ram. ill be happy with 2 gigz too.

Use the divider no performance lost and go for the 7800GT :) but if i were you, i would spend it on something else.

Soundcard
Speakers
Monitor
Water Cooling

Save money and upgrade later a 6800GS Will last you long upgrade when the G80's come out.

i think you got a pretty good setup already.....i would just save the extra money, but i had to put it back in the system i would say upgrade the video card then

Yes, keep the 6800GS, it is a good temporary card and then get a high end G80 when they come out, because the G80 is an upgrade everybody will want to take anyways. Like PZEROFGH said, consider other components you might upgrade.

Keep your 6800GS and the 1GIG, and save that money and wwait for the G80 core to come out.

Both ur RAM and graphic card is fine. Upgrading to a 7800 is simply a waste of money. BTW ur system is, in my opinion, enough to play most games now.

If u want to upgrade then u might wish to wait for the 7800 GTX to drop price, or wait further to the g80 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom