6800GS Vs. X850XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Okay, i asked what the best card in the 150-225 range would be yesterday, and was told the 6800GS would be my best bet. But i was looking and found a card that number wise looks better, but i wanted everyone's opinion on the subject before we go buying something that is gonna suck.

A:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150118

B:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102505

So what card would be better out of the box, not overclocked, stock cooling?

A? or B?

Please explain.

Thanks

Don't go with the X850 XT

You could go for this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102646 and unlock it into a X850XT PE which isn't that hard and is pretty much garrented to. But Nvidia has better drivers then ATI but the X850XT PE will out perform the 6800GS except in games like Doom 3 and some other Nvidia biased games.

The X800GTO2 is the only good ATI card in the Xxxx series since it can upgrade so good. Either card is great but don't get an XFX card if you go the Nvidia route go eVGA, BFG, or Leadtek in that order.

X800GTO2 modded into X850XT PE = 16 pipes at 400mhz at stock
6800GS = 12 pipes at 425mhz stock

Hardware - X850XT PE > 6800GS
Software - Nvidia > ATI

Personally I would go with the X800GTO2 even though ATI has bad drivers it still outperforms the GS in most games, just make sure you mod it into a X850XT PE.

don't listen to Beefcake, because X800 doesn't support SM3.0, which very important for new games and future games
Just go with 6800GS

maroon1 said:
don't listen to Beefcake, because X800 doesn't support SM3.0, which very important for new games and future games
Just go with 6800GS

Oh that is right, I forgot, go with the GS for SM3.0 and better drivers.

X800 shouldn't even be considered in this day and age of DX9.0c games. The X800 series, as everybody said, is plagued by terrible drivers as well.

X800 series is a really bad use of resources for anyone looking to buy a card. Sure, they're becoming affordable, but they just don't work right... They have the stats, but don't show performance in reality.

Ryan

awesome thanks guys, this is enough info for me and my brother, ill let everyone one know we get the 6800gs how it works! Thanks

maroon1 said:
Just go with 6800GS
Except you are forgetting that any games that will make good use of SM3 will run like *** on the GeForce 6 and probably even the Geforce 7 series. So that is a null point. The X850XT is much faster than any card in the GeForce 6 series in terms of brute power. But I still recommend the 6800 or 7800GS.

003 said:
Except you are forgetting that any games that will make good use of SM3 will run like *** on the GeForce 6 and probably even the Geforce 7 series. So that is a null point. The X850XT is much faster than any card in the GeForce 6 series in terms of brute power. But I still recommend the 6800 or 7800GS.

The X850XT and all the X800s for that matter have the stats, but ATI never got drivers working decently with them. If you go X800, you WILL have driver problems, and you WILL regret your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom