what can i get for 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm44

Beta member
I am looking to build a pc for around $2,000. I am pretty much only going to use it for gaming. F.E.A.R. and other FPSs. I already have a 20" monitor. Money is not much of an issue so I could spend 500 more if its really worth it or take off 500. I have no idea what the performance increase would be for a $1500 pc to $2000 to $2500.

Lol....the FX-60 is a good processor but its not worth the price you pay. Just get a dual-core Opteron and OC it, and you will have an awesome processor. Save the rest of your money for future upgrades when Windows Vista and DX10 come around this summer.

Your forgetting case, media drives, memory, PSU ...

And the 7800GT isn't that great when you have a $2000 budget. I'd aim for an X1900XT (and OC it to XTX speeds, only less than 50mhz, not hard at all and you save ~$50-100), and go with an Opteron 165 or 170 and OC it alot. For memory, go with some higher-end OCZ, kingston or XMS 2 gigs. 1 of those HD's will suffice, if you need more room, simply buy another. Media drives are up to you, just definetly buy one with the ability to write and read CD's and DVD's. For case, go with a higher end Thermaltake or Lian-li. You need a stable PSU to tie everything together, so I'd reccomend any PSU over 550w or 600w made by Antec, PC power and cooling or OCZ.

Why do you guys always choose AMD processors.

For 2k, you can have an awesome Computer. I am in the process of researching different hardware and learning how to put a Computer up from scratch.

For what I learned, it seems you guys are choosing pretty weird components...a processor that is 1k isn't needed...that can be used on more important things. No game needs 4Gighz processors :confused:

Graphics card you can get two XFX GeForce 6800GS..they are pretty much the 2nd best GFX cards on the market ATM.

For the Motherboard I would get the best ASUS SLI with intel and Nvidia chipsets. *maybe this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131564* AMD is cheaper for a reason...get a good intel chip...at a clock speed of 3.0, you can always OC it, but the Processor isn't the most important thing in the universe.

I would get two 74GB WD Raptors and put them in RAID zero. This will be used for your OS and most used games/programs. Put the OS on one decently sized partition for OS, and another for the games, ect. Then get a nice storage drive, maybe you can get the new 500gb HD out there.

Get a nice 2GB XMS Corsair kit with the lowest latencies.

Get a nice cooler master case without psu, and buy one from the top nme brands, and the model that is infamous for silence.

For cooling, get a nice water cooling kit.

get a sweet sound card.

Good monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001070

Where has it been proven? Not being snotty, it is just that I have been hearing how AMD is better for gaming, AMD is better for gaming. But I hear that Intels are more stable and reliable, I don't know what to believe. A lot of computer techies are biased and annoying, no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom