mentally drained

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzholdenluver

Baseband Member
plz can someone help me before i totally lose the plot!
i have met with the so called wonderful sata hard drives for the first time a week n a half ago,yes thats how long ive been trying to fix this machine 4,but on the upside i have learnt alot i guess i just cant seem to put the pieces together.
ive done everything i no how ive read up on all the information ex: raids,sata etc but dambed if i can get x installed.
this machine is a ga-8s661fxm-775 gigabyte motherboard which ive downloaded all information and manuals 4,it has 2 seagate sata hard drives sizes being 120 and 160.
plz can someone tell me where im going wrong ive tryed with the raid,without 1 ,changed bios settings,got the drivers etc but nuthins working,i can get 2000 on it but not xp.
i get this error msg d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c.
any ideas?

from wat ive been told and read and from wat i can work out i think the whole raid thing is wats stuffin me up,to b honest i dont care i just want it done as its not even mine.
i really no how to put myself into ***** positions lol

um i beg ur pardon
if u read it properl ud pick up on the fact that i got no idea when it comes to sata drives and raids so for those that cant read english ill set it up the easiest way possible,im ready to smash it

lol. Well first things first. Both of these drives are being detected by the BIOS correct? Assuming that you could install Windows 2000 on one of them I would assume, yes.

Curious what is your D:\ is that the CD-ROM drive or the 2nd SATA drive? You should have these plugged into SATA ports 1 & 2 and in the BIOS have SATA ports 1&2 to the ON position. This is true?

ok when both hard drives r connected to my knowledge they r detected (plz bare with me im very stressed ) yes they r plugged into sata ports 1&2 on motherboard and in bios i dont c anything that says sata as such although the drives r seen in the disk boot priority and raid is switched on

p.s i tried to send u a msg on aol lol with no luck
also i now c the hard drives in bios
i do apoligise im not normally this blonde lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom