[NVIDIA G80 & ATi R600 Info]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BennyV04988 said:
I still don't believe DX10 will be exclusive to G80 R600 video cards
Correct you are my friend. Actually, no video card will ever support DX10 because there is not going to be a DX10. It is going to be called WGF or something like that.

That I heard was changed a few months back. MS dropped the name and also dropped the windows name altogether. Just like M2 from AMD changed to AM2. Now the prime system will be an AM2 socket x2/G80 GPU/DX10 i guess/Vista. But that will a while before that becomes the "standard." I'd say around 2008 you'll have DX10 of Vistas with AM2's and the occasional 939. I'm beginning to hate technology.

QUESTION OF THE MONTH:

HOW THE %*@# did that Crysis video of DX10 get rended last July??!!!

P.P. Mguire said:
Blah blah blah. Ppl shut up and quit speculating god. Its all paper and no proof. No Hard evidence of anything yet. My 6800GT runs anything out now on high whether it be 35fps or 78067390573907539fps idc. As long as it dosent lag then it doent matter. You ppl should feel the same way w/ as fast as technology is advancing. Quit trying to keep up w/ the Jones' because youll go bankrupt for trying, specially in the computer industry. I advice to not get your panties in a bunch until the cards come out and even then dont worry about it if the **** still works.

Nicely said.

DX10 games will run on the 7800GT/X but will not support DX10 effects. MS is not alienating them with this new version, you will just need a DX10 card to run them at full quality. Basically, its going to be a repeat of the Shader Model 3 debate we say in the X800 vs. 6800 days.

Think about it though, most people here are gaming enthusiasts who upgrade every year, 2 years at the least. I don't think there will be a lot of people at least at this forum still using 7800GT/Xs when DX10 games become prominent, which will likely be well after DX10's release.

And 003, FEAR is a terrible engine. Be sure to turn shadows down to medium and textures down to medium and you will get much better performance. Be sure to turn volumetric lights down to minimum, because that is a big performance hitter and it doesn't improve visual quality much. I actually have FEAR playing very decently at 1280x1024 2x AA on my 7800GT, just by sacrificing a few of the goodies that tax the graphics card, but dont make much of a difference at all by not having them.

I'm going to quote myself for emphasis, and because I don't think that a lot of people read my post...

Flanker said:
"Struggling and Feeling outdated?" You're kidding me, right? The top, $450 card right now, feeling outdates while not a single game out there struggles with it? Dream on man. You have some kind of technological outdatedness disease. Next we know, you'll be saying that the G80 is getting outdated because Nvidia is prepping the G90s for launch... :rolleyes:

The 7800GT/X will own up Oblivion. Anyone that has it, don't worry, Oblivion isn't even a DX10 game and neither is Unreal Tournament 2007 or Gears of War. The 7800GTX is good for atleast another year. Look at GeForce 6, its coming into its third year now (It launched April '04 or something) and its still going strong. Show me one person who can't run BF2 maxed out with a GeForce 6800GT/GS (who is not having abnormal issues).

--------------------------

June '06. And then ATI launches R600 at the end of the yeat. Havok is absolutely correct, its a tug-of-war. Point is, Nvidia is always the first one who comes out with the new generation of videocards :)

Beed said it would be like the 6800Ultra to the FX5900, which isn't a bad comparison, except for the FX series being a flop. But 7800GT to the FX5900? Don't think so. And 64 pipelines? *Bangs head against wall* When will they learn...didn't you learn anything from the X1900? Pixel/Shader Processor != Pipeline. And 64 pipes...how can you not look at that and instantly know that its Bullsh!t.

GeForce 8 = 48 pipes MAX.

There is and has always been evidence that the 7800GT/X and 7900 and X1900 DO NOT support DX10. Thats a fact. And don't talk unless you know what you're talking about. DX10 games run on DX9 cards, but not in DX10 mode, got that?

beedubaya said:
And 003, FEAR is a terrible engine. Be sure to turn shadows down to medium and textures down to medium and you will get much better performance. Be sure to turn volumetric lights down to minimum, because that is a big performance hitter and it doesn't improve visual quality much. I actually have FEAR playing very decently at 1280x1024 2x AA on my 7800GT, just by sacrificing a few of the goodies that tax the graphics card, but dont make much of a difference at all by not having them.
I have both video and computer settings set to "high", with most things at maximum (except soft shadows) and at 1024x768 in the performance test I get 90-something average fps. I see no problem with that.

Again I would like to say don't over hype this.

But yeah I hope it arrives in time for a step up.

sickness said:
I had a 6800 Ultra and I couldn't run BF2 on high settings..

That could of been because of the 1 GB of memory

or the Pentium M processor...

becuase the 6800ultra in laptop is not as good as 6800ultra in dextop, and pentium M processors are not good for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom