need anti static wristband

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your done check out the 3DMark06 thread it's burried somewhere not stickied just do a search I'm sure with a system like that you could claim the TF record even if you choose not to OC.

you think with that CPU, but for sure I will do.I building it for a friend but next week Ill be getting it.I will probaly OC it if I get it but there isnt really a use to OC.It will be with a 1900xt so it should be pretty cool but I'd rather have my 7800gtx's but thier almost impossible to find.

MMmm ya, I'm always scared of frying something... I just put my bare foot on the cases metal and then both hands are free.

filter996 is correct - the anti-static wrist band is like wearing garlic to ward off vampires. Just make sure you touch the case.

For 5 bucks on sale, an antistatic wristband is a great insurance policy. You would probabaly never need it but on the chance of killing a part over a 5 dollar wristband I use one all the time when working on a system.

I never use a band. I just touch the edges of the case when I open it before I start to pick up anything. If you can, do it where you don't have carpet, or sit in a chair.

If I was handling a $1000+ peice of hardware like the FX-60 I would definatly use an anti-static wristband. I just use my freind's wristband when he is not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom