Zalman 7000, 7000B-ALCU, 7000B-CU

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
What are the differences. The 7000B-CU is copper. Is it really that much better than Aluminum and copper. Copper may disipate better, but is it honestly that much better. And what about between the 7000 and 7000B. Thanks.

Oh, and is 50dB really loud. There is a silverstone fan. 72CFM, 50dB. Panaflo is 39CFM, 32dB. That's alot more airflow for not too much more noise. I don't use fan controllers. What would you do?

I'm not sure what the differences are between 7000 and 7000B are, but Silent PC Review says that there is little difference between the Cu and Al/Cu versions. When you mention those other fans, are you talking about modding the 7000 with them? If so, I'd say go for it. When I want quiet with my 7000B-Cu, I just use speedfan to slow her down (I don't use a physical fan controller for my CPU fan; just the case fan).

I saw a review of A copper zalman cooler and the al/cu equivilant, cant remember if it was the vf700(gpu cooler) or a 7000 (cpu cooler) and there was like 4-5°C difference, so there is a difference:p. And 50db is FACKING loud.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found that review to. I ordered the ALCU. There was a 7C difference. Dammit.

theres not much difference between the 7000 and the 7000b besides a tiny weight reduction and the fan mate 2 instead the original fan mate. Different tests will have different results, and from i remember back in the day, the Alcu performed very close to the Cu. Also 50db is insanely loud for a fan.

i have it.. and my CPU temp is 53 celsius... under load.... hits 57 sometimes... anny way i can make this fan any more efficient?...

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully mine turns out. I wanted to lower my temps to at least 40C. Everyone always preached Zalman. I really hope I'm not disappointed. Really really hope.

Emc-Icon said:
i have it.. and my CPU temp is 53 celsius... under load.... hits 57 sometimes... anny way i can make this fan any more efficient?...

That sounds pretty high for aftermarket. Maybe check your thermal paste. Also case cooling, how many fans. Plus how are you getting your temps? Are they being read correctely, check the bios temps. I have stock cooling right now and I've OCed my P4 2.4 Northwood to 3.01 at idle temps 24c and load temps about 55c. Thats stock. I have one intake and two exhaust fans. Zalmans are good products, I have a 9500 on the way.

I looked at the 9500. Didn't wanna spend that much though. Hopefully should be ok. I am still contemplating getting AS5. It may be good, but the supplied Zalman paste should do the job. Now imagine AS5 with the copper unit. Shoulda...coulda...I should just relax and wait to see how it is before I start complaining though. Might be awesome. Just don't want it to drop 15 degrees and think I coulda had it 5C cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom