First Comp, Some Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieBuilder

Solid State Member
I'm just building my first computer, and luckily for me, I have a $2,100 budget. I have bought most of the parts for the computer, But I just have a couple questions. I'll post my Spec's first, then ask question.

Thermaltake Armor Xaser Case
580w Hiper Power PSU
2GB Corsair XMS RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145486
7800 GTX 512mb Edition
1 WD 74GB Raptor
1 Seagate 250GB Hard-Drive
ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD 4800 2.4ghz Dual-Core

I also have 3 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans attached to the case. Dont worry, I bought an Aerocool Fan-Controller :cool: .

Basically, IF I decided to buy 2GB's of this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145575 in the future, would it be compatible with the RAM I already have installed? And although the RAM I already have is very fast, I know the Link I gave above is to better RAM.

So, would the RAM I am thinking of Purchasing (4GB is over-kill, but I can so....) actually be bottlenecked by the RAM I already have?

And, If I do buy it (If I know I wont recieve negative Feedback), will 4GB of RAM significantly heat up my system? The CPU has This
Heatsink, so it should not Over-heat at all.

Help is greatly appreciated!

OK....so yes the RAM is compatible with your old RAM, but you will go though some process and.... you need a fan with the heatsink
(i just scaned though) and i still don't think that would be enough cooling(if you get 4 gigs) , will you be overclocking? Cause if you are, you might as well get like 4 fans.

EDIT: I think you might need to divided for the ram, theres a guide stickied for that

you don't need 4 gb of ram especially if you have a gtx 512, so it is your choice and your money

you need a fan with the heatsink

I have an Aspire 120mm fan that i bought by accident, and the Heatsink does have a socket, (from what I have read) that allows me to install a 120mm (12cm) fan on it. So, I could hook-up that?

I dont plan on overclocking at all, as I feel my system will be fine, and I will update it in the future if need be.

I should probably just stick with the "Old RAM", and then if I feel it is getting outdated in the future (although it is good quality now) just replace it with 2GB's, or 3, of CL2 ram?

Sorry for all the questions, this is just my first build and all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom