dual-channeling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

new.puree

In Runtime
is it possible to dual-channel ram with 4 sticks?
Cause in my motherboard manual it says in some sort of way that it will but im not sure about it.

yes it is. I believe on your mobo there is 4 slots of ram and two are black and two are blue. The ram that you put in the two black slots will run in dual channel and the ram that you put in the blue slots will run in dual channel. I am pretty sure of this but someone might have to correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. this is kind of topic but how do you like that motherboard? I was considering buying it because I liked how ii has agp and pci-E.

The board is great. Because I was stuck with agp for a while and have upgrading planned I chose this one. The specs are great and had no problems at all installing it.

Wow, they piled alot onto that board. It's unreal. I have some questions about the following picture.

MB Picture

I assume the yellow slot is PCIx16?
I assume the beige slot beside it is PCIx1?
What is the really little slot slot between what I think is the PCIx1 and the AGP slot?
Also, do most new boards have both ATA compatibility and SATA?

the PCIex16 slot is the looonger beige colored slot. The stubby little slot is the PCIex1. The AGP is the brown one with the sticker on it.

Most new boards DO have ATA and Serial ATA150 ports. The board you have picked out here looks like it only has 1 Serial ATA150 port.

Ryan

Thanks, but I guess I have more questions.

- What is the yellow slot with the sticker?
- What are PCIx1 slots used for?
- I'm assuming the blue slot and the one beside it are the IDE ports, what is the port beside the last PCI slot?
- Is the thing that says ASRock a chipset heatsink?
- What is the silver heatsink cooling? Integrated graphics?
- What are the ports/slots right above the silver heatsink?

Thanks. Those are my last and final questions. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom