Someone Please HELPPPPPPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster0011

Baseband Member
Hey, guys i build a costum computer and the motherboard i had before(intel mobo) i accidently "fried it" not really fried it but i didnt put the spacers behind the motherboard and it wouldnt work until i put spacers. The only problem with that motherboard was that the computer would turn on only from the psu & not from the front switch & the monitor wouldnt turn on. Now, I bought a ASUS motherboard & its the sameeee thing but only now everything turns on correctly but the moniter still wont turn on. Whats the deal here whats wrong? I am about finished working on this computer and about to throw it away.

Specs:
3.2ghz p4 ht
1024 mb ram
80gb western digital
ASUS P5RD1-VM

First of all, when you have onboard video, you don't call it a video card. It's a chipset on the motherboard.

Now, assuming the rest of your PC is booting properly, I suggest trying out this monitor on another PC to see if it's the monitor that's causing the problems. If you don't have another PC, take it to a friend's house or similar.

If it's not the monitor, I'll let the more knowledgable techies help you from there.

ok i bought the adapter that lets me convert the 24 to 20 pin. Now same things. wtf is wrong. I am sick of it. The computer turns on says Identifitying IDE Drives for 10 seconds then shuts off. is 450w not enough?

i unplugged the hard drive and tried it. a little better but still the processor fan hesitates and then goes on. im kinda thinking this psu ihave is pretty cheap and i should buy a new 550watt with 24 pin instead of using an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom