NTLDR weird problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ltjdangle911 said:
I switched the boot sequence from 1st: CD ROM 2: HD to the HD first and CD ROM second...still has the NTDLR problem unless i simply leave the XP disc in there...

Also--something worth mentioning, when i leave my computer on at night and wake up in the morning, it appears as if it restarted itself and it's at the DOS screen where it says NTLDR is missing...

What in the world is going on? I've reformatted like twice in 2 days!

I had the same problem. NTDLR missing. I was sitting near my computer and heard it click and boot up to the NTLDR missing screen. I spent about 3 hours trying to fix it, but didn't make any progress

I would suggest getting norton ghost, you can boot off the norton ghost CD and then restore your hard drive to a previous state. I did that after I couldn't fix it and it's been running about 2 weeks and haven't had the same problem yet. btw, the back up I restored to was created about 20 hours before i got that error.

ltjdangle911 said:
maybe i didn't make myself clear...

i don't boot from the cd, i simply have it in the drive, i never press a key, and it still avoids the NTLDR problem

I understand that the computer is either a) set to boot from CDROM first, and having loaded NTLDR starts XP when you fail to confirm loading from CD or b) it fails to find an NTLDR on the hard drive begins to load the CD and enacts teh circumsances mentioned in a).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom