Can someone please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylingPaT

Baseband Member
Radeon x800GTO crashing

have been having a problem with my computer since I built it. For some reason my monitor will crash on me, out of no where. If I'm on firefox, playing Warcraft, or watching videos. This screen just straight up turns off, the light goes orange. or the screen gets all these colored lines going up and down or across the screen for 30 secs then the whole system will shut off. This is really really effing frustrating especially when playing Warcraft, or even doing school projects. Because there is no telling when it will happen and I will have to reboot my computer. Can someone PLEASE help me. I'm about the throw my computer out of my window.

It seems like this happens the most when I'm doing something heavy, right now browsing the internet it rarely crashes. But if I'm watching a video or playing a video game. It will crash about 75% of the time. And sorry for the newb question. Maybe my computer is overheating? I got a program called Asus Probe and it says my CPU is at 32c, and MB is at 30c. I have one lower fan in my tower in the bottom front blowing air into my tower, then I got a fan in the back blowing air out. Should I have the fan in the back turned around to blow air back into my tower?

My card is not over heating. I am running ATITool in the background and its keeping a log of my temps. Just crashed at 41c.

Sounds like a faulty PSU.

Your sig says 500W. Is it the PSU that came with your case? If it is, then there's your answer.

Yeh, the 500w came with the case. :rolleyes: I got a 450w NSpire that I bought and never used because I figured the 500w would be better. Would 450w be good enough to power my system? I'll switch them out when I get back from work later today and see what happens.

I was just about to RMA my video card to newegg, had it all boxed up, labeled and everything lol. Was gunna drop it off before work. I still got 14 days left on my RMA number. So if it still doesnt work with my NSpire, then I'll ship it out!

My computer was doing the same thing, turned out it was the video card, and got one which was ALLOT better for free :).

we'll if you had the same problem, should I just return my card? or try and sell it. I just got $2000 back from doing my taxes so I think I'm gunna buy a 256mb card and a new hd

I cleaned out the old drivers. Re-installed the new drivers and the problem is still happening. This is ****ing me off so effing much because I need this computer to be working for school. I took a picture of the problem.

freeze.jpg

Anyone seen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom