Not open for further replies.

Cappy

Daemon Poster
Alot of good things comming this summer
AMD M2 / support DDR2
Nvidia G80 / Dual core / PS4.0 / DX10 support / DDR4
ATi R600 (late 06???)

VR-Zone

With these comming so soon, I would advise anybody thinking about getting a 7800 series card to wait, because the 7800 GT/X is going to start struggling and feeling very dated very soon, probably when Oblivion hits. I plan on upgrading to the G80, and hopefully this one lasts me a while.

7800GT/X struggling soon? :rolleyes: ahh...I'd say to wait for anything new to come out from NVIDIA and then go out and BUY a 7800GT/X becuase people like YOURSELF think they are soo dated they'll be like $200/300 instead of $300/450....That's how the middle market works for the rest of us. ;)

beedubaya said:
With these comming so soon, I would advise anybody thinking about getting a 7800 series card to wait, because the 7800 GT/X is going to start struggling and feeling very dated very soon, probably when Oblivion hits. I plan on upgrading to the G80, and hopefully this one lasts me a while.

****...I just got a GTX too.

Will the G80 be to the 7800GT as the 7800GT is to the 6800Ultra/GT? If so, then I'm not worried about my GTX at all. My old laptop with a Go Ultra in it ran games just fine, including F.E.A.R.

sickness said:
****...I just got a GTX too.

Will the G80 be to the 7800GT as the 7800GT is to the 6800Ultra/GT? If so, then I'm not worried about my GTX at all. My old laptop with a Go Ultra in it ran games just fine, including F.E.A.R.

The G80 to the 7800GT will be more like the 6800 Ultra to the FX 5900. You are definately going to want to upgrade, especially as demanding as the games of this summer and fall are going to be.

Everyone needs to understand that the rapid change in the technology in videocards doesn't render the last series unusable. Regardless of what new games are out.

The videocard industry is a complete tug of war.
ATI / NVIDIA / ATI / NVIDIA / ATI / NVIDIA / ATI / NVIDIA /

They just keep trying to 1 up each other....
It's like when you were a little kid, "I have 3 dollars in the bank, well I have 5 dollars, no i have 7 dollars, well i have 10 dollars...."

I don't think you understood my post, maybe I didn't even understand it.

Point is, with my Ultra, I was able to play all the games a 7800GT/X could play, maybe not with the settings cranked on high, but on certain games I was able to do that. I was worried when you said people who are thinking about getting a 7800 series card wait until the G80, since I'm getting a 7800GTX but I realized that the GTX will play games just fine, like my 6800Ultra did when the 7800GTX was the top card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom