Dual Core power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriedor

Beta member
Hey

I just built a system that won't power up at all :(

I was wondering if it was my oversight in the 4400+ dual cores power consumption.

Im using an artic cooling seasonic power supply.
Its only 350w with 28A,30A and 17A on the +3.3v,+5v and +12v rails respectivly.

Is this the reason my system won't boot at all? even without a spin of the case fans? The motherboard does have power as the onboard LED is lit.

My only worry is that stupid as i am the first time i turned it on i tried to power on the computer with the heatsink on but the fan not connected >.< could this have wasted the cpu and thus permanently damaged the rig?

Thanks in advance for any help ppl

What else do you have in your system besides the 4400+? ie. Drives, Video cards, Fans....Anything that requires power.

I don't think it would kill the CPU as long as the heatsink was on. maybe you should check/recheck the way you hooked up your front power switch to your motherboard.

Ryan

Hey thanks for quick replies.

As soon as i suspected power consumption i disconnected everything!

Its running 1 memory module and a radeon 9600 pro. All optical drives disconnected.

The heatsink is quite beefy : http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-216-1.htm

/edit i've checked that switch 50 times lol! is it possible to manually short the pins incase the switch is broke?

eriedor said:
/edit i've checked that switch 50 times lol! is it possible to manually short the pins incase the switch is broke?

With a screw driver

350 watts is very low. Try a higher wattage powersupply.

AMD64s are recommended to run on 18a on the 12v rail...that might be your issue but it seems a stretch based on your other components

You put a 350W PSU in a dual-core system? :eek:

What, do you work for some kind of communist anti-power-consumption movement? That sucker needs breathing room! Spend the $50 extra bucks and put a 600W PSU in there! Yer gonna need it!

Oh, and make sure you have the motherboard CPU power connector connected...not just the main molex.

ShoobieRat said:
You put a 350W PSU in a dual-core system? :eek:

What, do you work for some kind of communist anti-power-consumption movement? That sucker needs breathing room! Spend the $50 extra bucks and put a 600W PSU in there! Yer gonna need it!

Oh, and make sure you have the motherboard CPU power connector connected...not just the main molex.

Lol... 50$ more for a 600watt psu? Only in dreams my friend, only in dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom