HELP! Cant Boot 2 SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtandos

Beta member
Hi all..
thanks in advance for the help...

i'm having boot order issues

I want to be able to boot to my Sata HDD, while still having 2drives on Primary IDE and one on Secondary IDE.

at the moment all i can achieve is booting to SATA with ONLY one IDE channel working.

my bios doenst have SATA listed in the boot order menu.

this is my config...

SATA
1 x Seagate dive

Primary IDE
DVD-ROM
CD-RW

Secondary IDE
1 x Seagate IDE HDD

Motherboard - brand new (only one i could find that supported my socket 478 & dual chan ddr400)

Biostar i865g-m4 (Chipset Intel 865G/ICH5)

SO.....
after trying SATA controller in AUTO, COMBINED and ENHANCED MODES, i can only get the SATA up with either the primary IDE channel running, or the secondary ide channel running... not both at the same time (ARRRGH!!)

the closest i came was running SATA in enhanced mode, and mapping the SATA 0 channel to "SATA Master channel", however when i do this, the **** thing still boots to the IDE drive, as there's still no SATA option in the boot menu.

the manufacturer told me (in a pathetic broken english email) to substitute SCSI in the boot menu for SATA but this also...suprise...doesn't work. and they wont respond to my messages telling them that it didnt work. again....*BIG SUPRISE*

please help this poor little soul get his baby back up and running....

thanks.
Michael

My Intel D865PERL would always look to the SATA first and the IDE drives second. Once I performed a RAID 0 on two WD 250 gig Sata's, the SATA RAID 0 now acts like your SATA/IDE problem. If I put any IDE hd in IDE 0 (Primary) it tries to boot to the IDE. So, I'm with you on scratching my head on this one. I'll continue to do research and contact Intel and we can help each other out here. Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom