Windows won't startup normally for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

thienhoang21

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm having the same problem I had a few months ago and a reformat helped that.

Anyway, when my computer goes pass the "Windows loading" screen, a quick blue screen pops up and some lines of text pop up. This happens in about 2 seconds and then my computer restarts.

Well, I was recently hit with a virus when I opened up Outlook Express and I think this might have caused this. I tried scanning for it but nothing could be found.

So, if anyone could help me fix this then that would be great.

Thanks

When your computer starts, hit F8 until a screen pops up with the option to run in Safe Mode, and hit enter on Safe Mode. When you get in, run an Anti-Virus. Also, when that big ol' blue screen of death comes up from now on, try to remember, or jot down the error. Otherwise its a shot in the dark! Lol... could be MANY things.

*Edit*

Make sure you have the virus deffinitions are up to date!

I'm using Windows XP Home.

I forgot to say that I am in Safe Mode and that's how I scanned it.

And by pop up, I mean some lines of text just scroll down and like I said, it happened in a matter of about 2 seconds and it's .. kinda hard to see what it said =\

I'm currently using avast anti-virus software and already updated it. Do you have any recommendations for other free anti virus software that is better?

Hey, I took a video camera and recorded the screen. I got parts of the error message so here it is:

A problem has been deteced and windows has (i didn't get part of this part)..

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error Screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable it or check with the manufacturer for updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart you computer and press F8 to access safe mode and its options.

14 deeppink Hey! well..I tried that f8 crap, and it didnt work! That lil blue screen keeps popping up! :confused: I really dont want to lose my internet connection... HELP!

Well there should be a Stop Error that came along with that BSOD. If you could get that then maybe i could provide more assistance.

Most of the time that message always says that Windows shut down to prevent damage to your machine. Then goes on to the If this is the first time.......

At the top of the screen there should be a Stop Error code. It looks like 0x0000007e (an example) that can be of more assistance.

Okay this page here from the M$ support page tells that there are many things that can cause a 7B error.

Boot Sector Virus, Device Driver issue, Hardware issue, among a corrupted install that the boot cant find XP and some others.

So now you just have to narrow it down. Most of the time i have found that it has to do with a inecessable boot device. Which means that it cant find the correct boot path. Maybe a fixmbr or fixboot from the recovery console might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom