Kinda Weird Stuff happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Xp is F*ing me over

So I reloaded XP and everything was running great and when I turned on my computer this morning about 6 files on my desktop were missing. One of them was my music file. I can still play the music with Itunes but can no longer find the file that contains the music. I did a search and it shows it there but when I manually look for the file nothing.

Also my windows media player and outlook express both dissapeared.

It also takes quite a bit longer to load windows than before.

I am thinking that this might be a bad CPU problem. The reason I think that is when I took it out of my old board, it pulled out with the heatsink still attached. A couple of the pins were adjusted out of place but I put them back to normal and the CPU fit back into the Mobo. I'm not sure but it just feels like a CPU problem.

Any thoughts? I'm confused why the files would just dissapear. I had my quick launch toolbar up by the start bar and now that is gone is well.

no, the CPU is not the problem.

a virus must have messed up your system, be sure to run the antivirus and update it!

avg is your problem. it will not detect anything. I have never tried mcaffee, but make sure its updated to todays defenitions, feb.1

Do a search for the files. Go to their properties and make sure they haven't been set to "Hidden".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom