RAR parts CRC failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

datadata

Beta member
Pls hlp

I have downloaded a 4 G file in 21 rar parts made with winrar 2.9

Clicking on any part would bring winrar up and show the image file that is compressed, corrupted parts to my knowledge would give an error when doing that even before extracting the whole file .

one file had a name which is different which is part 2 (“file- 2.rar” instead of “file -2.rar”) , but clicking it don’t give error , I suspect the name was modified by error .

So; I changed the part two name to be like others and started extracting the image, on 10% winrar v3.5 gives me CRC failed .

using Winace I get error for all parts ?!!

using SFV Checker 1.14 , all parts are checked and ok but they have no SFV file inside to compare checksum with the test result (i donÂ’t understand the meaning but thatÂ’s the result anyway) .

i tried fixing the part 2 and 3 with winrar (cause p1 and p2 makes 10% -part 21 is almost less than .1 % ) but didnÂ’t work cause also rarlabs says you have to have recovery file inside , its not there - I guess- to have successes.

According to winrar error after 10%, So whatÂ’s wrong and which part is corrupted??? This symptom, what does it give away on the reason ??

I canÂ’t just download a 4 Gigs again it took me a month!!

pls any input !!

p.s when u have 4 encrypted parts - for example- and u have the password but one file is missing , it gives u wrong password .
even if u enter the right password . that info came from observation and cant be expected , hope some one can help me here .

Wait , could this help !!

hi i contacted the uploader and he told me he ripped the dvd again to upload part 2 again

could i use this info to fix it , a work around , they are the same DVD ??

pls anything !!!

Re: Wait , could this help !!

datadata said:
hi i contacted the uploader and he told me he ripped the dvd again to upload part 2 again

could i use this info to fix it , a work around , they are the same DVD ??

pls anything !!!

what is he ripping it with? He may not me using winrar, its just that you have it installed on your system so its automatically compressing them, you might want to uninstall it or uncheck the option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom