Building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
I've always wanted to build a tower. My friend did it a few years back before he started college, and the thing was ultra fast at the time, but about 1.5 years later, it basically self destructed. I don't remember what happened, but he melted something on it.
Anyways, I've been working on cars and motorcycles for years, so I'm fairly handy with my hands. I have a limited amount of experience inside my PC case (upgrading RAM, installing/removing HD's, installing a multitude of PCI cards) and I think I wanna give it a go. I'm on an AMD XP 2200+ with 1gb of ram, and a 128 meg. GeForce4, so I've got a pretty sweet gaming system. I have more HD's than I have IDE cable, so I could use some sort of auxillary computer. It'd also be convient to maybe have some sort of either FTP server, or maybe even a dedicated gaming server (we're on a 3 megabit cable line). Please give me any and all opinions you have.

get one of those pci IDE adapters, it'll like like 2 extra idea cables to your computer adding a total of 4 hard drives!

Demalii said:
get one of those pci IDE adapters, it'll like like 2 extra idea cables to your computer adding a total of 4 hard drives!

Well, the problem with this is that I am "out" (more or less) of PCI slots.. I have two cards that are such monsters that they don't leave me any physical room to install an other PCI card (I even had to take out my ethernet card).

I'm plenty happy with my GeForce4.

But I still would like to build a computer for sh!ts and giggles. Is it a matter of getting all the required pieces and putting them in a tower? Or do you have to do any sodering (sp)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom