video card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafteaner

Beta member
i have a leadtek geforce 6800GT and i'm having some major issues. sometimes it runs fine and then ill get a bunch of green and purple artifacts on the screen, continually getting worse untill it crashes. sometimes it just crashes randomly. running intensive graphics applications like games seems to be the biggest cause of this problem. I emailed customer service and they just thought it could be a problem with my RAM timing and weren't much help. i have a 400w power supply, am i possibly not getting enough power? its not sharing the power cable with any other hardware. GPU temps are fine and the system works fine with my old card in place. any ideas?

well, the obvious question to ask is if all of your drivers are up to date for your gpu. if the system is overclocked, try reseting to origonal settings. also, i know you said the temps were fine, but how fine?

I have the most recent nvidia and leadtek drivers as well as new motherboard drivers. the GPU and CPU are not overclocked. GPU core temperature is never more than at about 69oC when the system is idle and after intensive graphics running for a while it gets between 70-80oC, although its very rare for me to have graphics running for very long due to the problem. the problems still occur when the GPU core temp is in the mid 60s

update:

i was able to get a somewhat stable setup after messing with the RAM for a while. Leadtek suggested changing the RAM timing and switching which slot the sticks are in. The only setup that seems to be doing ok right now is with only one of my 512mb sticks plugged in...

is it possible that there is a conflict between my RAM/motherboard and the GPU? I'm testing the card on a different system tomorrow so i guess ill know for sure if the card works ont it. if anyone knows how to work around this without getting a new mobo or RAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom