X1900XTX and BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dose BF2 use AF as, If you put it on application preference? (x4,x8,x16?)

Dose BF2 use Vertical Sync if yo have it on application preference?

P.P. Mguire, I don't think the 9800xt looks better than the X850pro, You have the same blocky shadows as me:( I think if we have the same setting selected, It will look the same, But the X850pro will get more FPS.

This is your picture, It has blocky shadows from the scan satellite on the wall.
BF2.jpg

I set all my settings to high with AA x4 and AF x16
BF21.jpg

This is what it looks like up close:( Dose it look like this for you up close?
BF22.jpg

Thats the satelite though, and even then my posts look better than yours. I think the texture something on the bottom of the list dictates AF, not sure though. I was using 4x on those shots and ill try 6x later. I also have Vsync on as well. Also if any of my cards are doing 35fps then i really dont care. So i guess FPS isnt in the question. Another thing is your guy shadows are really bad where as mine are nearly perfect w/out using 6x. Do you have any updates installed for BF2?

Ya, I'm all updated on everything.

I think AAx6 looks a little fuzzy unless you use AFx16 with it;)

Dude your killin me with "mine looks better than yours" stuff:p These pic's are JPEG's they are 1/10 the size of the PGN's, They are just a crappy version of the original, The first 4 pictures I posted NONE of my settings where on high with AAx2 and I was showing the shadows at there worst. The last 2 pics I posted v-sync is not on.

What do you mean "That's the satellite though" That's what I've been talking about this whole time (blocky shadows):rolleyes: I already said that the shadows from the guys, buildings, and trees are perfect, But I mostly notice the blocky shadows while on a mounted gun like the 50 cal. (ammo box) and in the pics I posted.

No you posted a pic on the first page i believe that had the shadow of a guy on it and it was horrible. Im pretty sure im using 16xAF and if im not ill try it. Im also going to use 6xAA as well at the same time to see if it looks better. I posted a pic of the gun and it looks fine to me.

P.P. Mguire said:
No you posted a pic on the first page i believe that had the shadow of a guy on it and it was horrible. Im pretty sure im using 16xAF and if im not ill try it. Im also going to use 6xAA as well at the same time to see if it looks better. I posted a pic of the gun and it looks fine to me.

I don't know what you are talking about:confused: I never posted any pictures on the first page. The only picture I posted of a guy's shadow is this one, The shadows are on low with AAx2 AFx16 the guys shadow dose NOT look horrible. at leat I don't think so.
screen000.jpg

I turned v-sync on and it really made the colors much nicer:D(sorry no picture)

I know what you mean HAVOC2k5, On top of that, You are suppose to delete the old BF2 graphics files, they are located at "My Documents, Battlefeild2, Mods, BF2, Cache, Delete all of them except for the one that was modified last, Then defragment your HDD and supposedly BF2 will play smoother;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom