X1900XTX and BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch[FX] is exactly correct.

On a side note... My Brother just bought the X1900XTX to go with his OPTY 170... (lol - good ole reference card... shhhhhh)

I hope the G71 series is up to the challenge because the X1900XTX is no freakin' joke... With a tad bit of overclocking my brother was getting 11,003 on 3Dmark05...

We fired up Call of Duty 2 and cranked all the settings up to high... including all Advanced Texture Settings... WOW... As smooth as silk.
My X800XT PE chokes and coughs with the Advanced Texture Settings on high... The X1900XTX laughs and begs for more...

BF2 & FEAR he doesn't have... But, I might hook him up this weekend.. I'll post back the results...

The x1900 is supposedly the only card that is able to pump out full AA and AF with soft shadows and all that wonderful other eye candy in FEAR without choking

P.P. Mguire and ferris........ What are your settings in BF2 and what are your settings in the ATI control panel?(screenshots)
Im running high everything 1024x768 w/ 4x AA. I have the ability to go 6x but it lags of course. My settings are i guess max everything except AF and AA are aplication controled. I figure whats the use of screenies when it proves nothing. Besids i dont feel like plugging my LAN machine in. Oh yea im using the 5.12s from ATI and obviously the card is overclocked. My friend (the same one i was telling you guys i benched against w/ stock GT and flashed cards- his to XT and mine to ultra) has the same card as you do (except now flashed) and the only time he had troubles w/ his card is on FEAR max settings. He dosent have COD2 and i havent played it on my main rig considering im to lazy to plug it up and burn a copy.

You should be fine. You're making me quite jealous if you get your hands on the X1900XTX. :p

My friend's nVidia 6800GT has blocky shadows because he didn't install the latest drivers, becuase he was too lazy.

Thanks for info Guys, Sw1tCh[FX] answered my main question:D

With my tax return, I might get the X1900XTX If I'm to impatient to wait for the 7900 to be released.

P.P. Mguire, Will BF2 use AF if you set it to application preference in the ATI control panel? What size monitor do you have? I have a 19 inch CTR and if I set it to 1024x768 it looks like crap, I have it set to 1280x1024 and play BF2 on 1152x864 (in game setting)

Here's what I'm talking about, the pics are low quality JPEG and cropped.

Blocky Heli shadow
screen004.jpg

Blocky shadows on the ammo box
screen003.jpg

More blocky heli shadows
screen001.jpg

All the shadows from trees, houses, and guys are perfect.
screen000.jpg

Ohhh you mean the shadows have jaggys. Whats your AA set at? And yes BF2 uses it when its set to aplication preference. Ill have to show you now from my 9800XT. Might do it tonight or tomorrow dont know. If you can max your AA settings. I have a 17"CRT set at 1024x768@85hz. Looks pretty good to me.

I used a program to brighten these up cause i cant stand extremely bright maps, hurts the eyes. After i did that you could barely notice jaggies, but not as much as yours though. I didnt put it at 6x. I kept it at 4x so i wouldnt lag at all. Now ladies and gents, the power of a 9800XT playing BF2 at full settings.
BF2.jpg

BF21.jpg

BF22.jpg

BF23.jpg

BF24.jpg

BF25.jpg

Well we've established that its because of the SM2.0 so I don't see the point of more speculation...

And I don't see how SF or Reg. would make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom