New Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster0011

Baseband Member
Well i just changed my motherboard & psu cuz they were fried & now. Here is the problem. I was using a 550w power supply before so it go tfried. I had a spare 450w and i put that in and this is what happens. I turn the computer on, it says buidling ide drivers, p4 logo comes and then boom it shuts off by itself.

what are the specs of your system. everything. nothing shorting out the bottom of the mb? got all of the power plugs to the mb? have you stripped it down to the bare essentials? just run mb, proc, ram and vid card to see if you can get into bios.

ok, here is whats going on. i just rechecked everything it seems that the psu cable that connects to the motherboard has 20 pins, but the motherboard has 24 pins. So when its connected there are 4 pins open. could this be a problem? should i buy a 450w again or 550w?

they sell adapters but they are not reccomended. get a new psu with a 24pin plug. you can go with a 450 or 550 depending upon what you are running. I always error on the larger side to be safe.

im running

asus motherboard w/ on board ati graphics
1024 mb
p4 3.2 HT
80gb western digital

so is this whats causing the comp to turn off?

Yeah the 20-pin PSU is the problem obviously. They do sell adapters that convert 20-pin to 24-pin. You can find em pretty much everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom