video card or hard drive issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal11

Baseband Member
ok i just upgraded from a geforce 4 ti 4200 to an ati radeon x1600 pro, i play WoW and the new card still runs a bit choppy, its a little better than the geforce but i dont think its running like it should also after the 2nd restart of the computer i had to re-install the ATI display driver... i booted up and it acted like it wasnt there.

the only thing i think it could be is the hard drive is about a little over 3.5 years old and is slowing down or somethin... no idea what it could be

the only game i saw a huge improvement on is ut2004, everything is on high 1600x1200

black and white 2 saw a small improvement but that game has a ton of actions going on at once, so i dont expect a lot

thats pretty much what i play, havent tried out call of duty 2 though.

i benchmarked it with 3dmark05 and it scored a 3590

thanks in advance.

should be getting a better 3dmark score than that. Have you installed the newest drivers from ati for that card?

of course, and if you read my post, in the last line of the first paragraph i said i had to re-install the driver

did you uninstall the old ati drivers before installing the newest? sorry for the extra info but often people think if they reinstall from the disk they got with their card they have the newest. now I know you got the newest from ati's website.

i say back up and reformat it is because you had nvidia drivers and a nvidia card and then you put in ati drivers with an ati card. that is why you are scoring low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom