Mounting a MoBo Upside Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer

Beta member
I want to mount a motherboard upside down
Will this affect any of the processes or hardware such as the weight of any aftermarket heatsink on the processor ?
Also since ther is no case, what is the best way to keep the agp card secure?

Please help with any advice. Thanks.

Knowing the ultimate application might make it easier for us to come up with usable ideas...

Assuming you have all the screws in, i dont think there would be a problem with it upside down..

is it being installed in a desktop or a tower case????
do you mean upside down as in rotating it/ or flipping the board upside down???

Iam confused could you send some pictures of the case and what you want to do.I see no problem with mounting the mobo upside down but I also dont see the purpose??? Was just wondering whats is your reason it must be kinda interesting.There may be a cooling problem since most cases are built to stand upright and cool that way, but then agian I've never really heard of people donig this so I dont know.I dont know how your disk drives would handle it upsides down, since there also supposed be upright or atleast on there side?I think the HDD would be fine.

Edit: Oh so there is no case.What are you making a special mounting thingy. I would setup some insurance on the system like some guard from static since there is no cover and also dust unless you wanna clean it every week.But still knda dont get it???

I have a Lian-Li PC-V1000. In this case, the motherboard is mounted upside down, the expansion slots are up the top, the PSU and hard drives go down the bottom also.

it is not a particularly cheap case, but it is of very good quality

Well, I'm making a tabletop MAME arcade cabinet out of wood. I took apart an old case for the metal to mount the motherboard to. I just need to know that if it's facing downward if it will perform normally. The reason why I want to do this is so I can leave the bottom of the rectangular wooden box open. Then halfway up the body of the opening I can use some screenlike material for protection and airflow. Also this would be simple for removal/repairs.
I realized that the agp graphics card will be easy to secure upside down due to the way it secures into the slot and a little twine on the other end to some eyehook? woodscrews should work... but I think my questions have been adequetely answered by my first reply to a link with an "Upside down motherboard case". Also the one by the "site moderator" Thank you all for your time.

You know I've recieved so many mixed replys on multiple boards
I think I'm just going to build a solid base and put the hardware on the bottom. I thought it would be easier my way but it sounds like people think it's risky due to cooling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom