Hey folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
It's been months since i've posted, glad to see the board's still full of the same question as before ha. Anyway...

So, lately i've been bugged. When I first purchased my mobo, back in november, the SATA controller was bad on it. But, pc club club happily replace it with the SLI version for free, so that was nice. But, for some odd reason, this computer isn't nearly as stable as I was hoping for. I ran various virus and ad-ware tests and everrthing, so I know it's nothing software side. I'm really thinking this board just isn't cutting it. Now, I know, if I mentiond anything about getting a new mobo, the FIRST response I get would be "DFI lan party". But, have any of you heard anything much about MSI's new diamond series? I've only heard their name mentiond a few times.

Also, I must admit, I do wish I would of saved a little more and got something from the FX series instead. I mean, sure, games in the near future will be able to use dual core cpus, but I dont think it's going to be something that you have to have.

I guess i'm just not a fan of having two 3200+'s(since I had a 3200 on my last comp), when games that are out right now can only use one, when I could of got a faster single core CPU. I'm thinking, next time I upgrade, which will be in hopefully, if all goes well, 6 months to a year. And when I do, I think i'll try out something from Intel. Besides them running hot, i've heard nothing bad about them. Or maybe wait and and see how AMD's new socket is going to be.Or, maybe to save money, get a real nice mobo.

Also, for some unkown, really ODD reason, my comp only scored somewhere in the 4,000's in 3Dmark 05,and ( I dont remember exactly), a lower score in PCmark. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on anything i've said? thanks for reading guys.

Something is really wrong if your are scoring in the 4000's in 3dmark05 with that system. You sure it wasn't 3dmark06 right?

I would guess some sort of driver conflicts/problems.

I'm always a sponsor of reformatting in that type of situation just to know for sure its not a driver conflict etc, but I know some people are hesitant to do that (don't know why =/).

Yea, im positive. Infact I didnt even know they had 3dmark06 out yet. I wouldn't mind reforrmatting i guess. I'd just hate to re install allllllll my games. But I guess it'd be ok. I'm going to check all my drivers to make sure, maybe somethings up with the x2 driver? i dont know,worst comes to worst i will.thanks alot

I have a similar setup and I score 8000 in 3dmark05. Something is very wrong. It might be the power supply.

make sure your computer is updated, you have the latest version of direcx (9.0c i believe) and visit nvidia's website for the latest video drivers version 81.98

Yea I wouldnt doubt its the power supply now that i think about it. that system with all the fans im running. i doubt 460 is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom