$1200.00 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthroat

Baseband Member
you have to pay tax! sorry, but its pretty funny it hinders the performance you can have for ur system.im guessing u live in cali?

o alos that case is a rip IMO, i almost got that for my buiiold then realized it was too expensive. i have a XION XION II its nice

Ok...

Well, first off, you should raise up to an x2 3800, because you have valueselect ram but are buying a cpu that's good for ocing. Second, if you are ocing, you could get a better mobo. Finally, you should get an Antec Truepower II 550 watt psu. It'll last longer, and it'll run your rig easier

to karp: ironically, I'm getting the same case. How is it? Are there good places to tuck in the wires? Also, are the fans good?

No reason not to believe you.. I dont plan on Ocing at all. I thought the 3700 san diego would be better price wise then the 3800x2 with or without overclocking. The MB was a choice from newegg.. Seemed like a good buy? Since im not ocing do I need a different MB?

As for the case... I have struggled with this decision the most. I have a regular desk and have my PC in the little cubby hole. All I want from a case is something sturdy, that will fit in the cubby hole and easy to work with with good air flow. Other then that I dont really care. On the power supply wow another guess.. no idea whats better or worse, I just know most everyone has said dont go with the case psu.

Yea, definately go with the Forton. Not only is it more reliable, but it also has Dual +12v rails, which the Thermaltake doesn't have. That means the Forton has about twice as many Amps as the Thermaltake. Basically, no reason not to go with the Forton over the TT.

Other than that, it all looks great. The case is awesome and looks good. If it fits into that hole of yours, you should be really happy with it.

Keep the RAM, and no need to upgrade to a X2 3800+. You're going from a bottom-of-the-barrel system to something that most people only dream about, so I'm guessing that anything will be an improvement. Keep the 3700+, but try to get 2Gigs of the RAM. 2 sticks are better than one anyway.

Thanks Flanker... I guess with I did pretty good researching this stuff and coming up with a decent build for 1200.00

If your not overclocking, then there is no point in getting the zalman HSF. Like flanker said, the 3700 is the way to go and 2 gigs of RAM will help.
Also agree on the PSU, get the Antec truepower 550W or the fortron.

Also you can get a DVD burner for $10 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom