Win XP antivirus update leads to system problems!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky116

In Runtime
i just updated a newer version of Antivir and installed version 7! after the deinstallation of version 6, i rebooted, then i installed through the installation wizard the updated version 7!

installation was successful.

but soon i got a message saying some system files were changed and i need to insert the XP CD so thats windows can reinstall them otherwise the system will not run properly.

when i clicked on my computer or other such progran icons, the system was very slow to open them plus they were responding to closing them either!

what should i do since this version of Win XP has been installed by my comp seller and it came with no OS CD. its not what one calls a registered version.

do you think i must use System Restore?

or should i uninstall Antivir completely fron Win XP and will that solve my problem or further complicate it?

:(

uninstall it and then use ccleaner to cleanup the files, check msconfig>startup to make sure the entry isnt there anymore, then use system restore or last known good config

i uninstalled it on XP and the system is fine for now.

do i need to perform system restore?

also i dont have a firewall on XP and now i am left with no anti virus protection too!

can you suggest some good antivirus programs( free offcourse) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom