need advice. specs included

Status
Not open for further replies.

taruman121

Baseband Member
ok well had a bad ebay experience, probably becauase it was my first time. So i ordered this computer. hope you guys dont mind looking at the link. sorry =(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8745707995&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

but the psu is 350 watts
the case it totally destroyed(the back is missing slot covers and scratches.
the processor is totally ruined.
motherboard- below
the video card is a ATI 9800 pro 128mb pci-e.
the hard drive looks alright.
the cd drive is dangling.

motherboard

is this thing even worth keeping and upgrading a bit, probably will need
1. a new case
2. a new processor
3.processor fan
or should i just buy a new pc.

tell me what you think i should do with it.
i had no insurance on it either :mad:
althought thats my dads fault.
anyway sorry and thanks for all your time.

reuse your had drive and build a new PC. The stupid thing sounds damaged beyond any respect. You don't want to reuse a part that's broken and is going to glitch the crap out of ya.

Ryan

alright man, i guess the stage im in right now is argueing with paypal.
but worse comes to worst ill just take out the hard drive and start all over.

appreciate it.

If you suspect this bumb of selling you crap that doesn't work, then get your money back. screw the hard drive. E-bay just isn't the way you buy computer components.

Ryan

you should have guessed... it's kind of dusty in the pic and it's not plugged in. It also could have been UPS's fault.

Well, I'd build a new pc

yeah i had no idea what i was buying.
but the guy claims its ups' fault but i have no insurance.
so i will probably get my money back.
but im estimating it to take a looooooong time.
anything like this ever happen to someone on ebay?
or anyone have to fight with paypal?

well, I almost got a psp on ebay. I sent the money (bank wire transfer) and I came home. Suddenly, I checked my email, and it said I am invited to a google group: Chinese people stealing german accounts. Apparently, someone saw me win the bid, and invited me. turns out a lot of people were scammed, but I got my money back just in time and reported him

I almost Bought somthing from ebay But this site showed me www.newegg.com and what I did was make the same build...I would have spend 580 dollars more on ebay....Yeah....any way...Im sorry to hear about your situation becuase, I myself and having my dad pay 1 fourth of the computer and I thought new egg was great. Oh yeah and about your computer check the ram, It might still good....

yeah another question.
the ram looks fine.
the hardrive.
the video card looks fine, you think it would give me problems?

i think if everything doesnt work out right, ill take out these parts and build a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom