A really easy one...(but not for me apparently!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazus23

Beta member
Hey, Ive been thinking i wanna upgrade my graphics card (cuz my current one is terrible..Intel Graphics controller 82810e or something..and while im at it, im not looking for a major upgrade only to 64 mb..apprently my current one is a 6.5 :p)...ANYWAY, back on topic, i pulled out my PC's guide, and was confronted with a most puzzling amount of computer jargon ive ever seen, but i sorta deciphered it... it said...

"the system board accomadates up to four three-quarter length 32-Bit PCI expansion Cards...etc etc."

So, my simple question is, does this mean i can only upgrade to a 32Mb card? Or will a 64 bit one be supported? it was just the "32-Bit" part that confuzzled me.... Thanks in advance!

go to the video card manufacter's website, look at the system requirements on that specific card, or email the manufacturer and ask is its compatible with your PC.

is your PC a dell by any chance?

P.S. i would not recommend upgrading to 64 MB, i am using a 64 MB intel 82845, and its horrible for gaming. If you get 128 MB, you will be rewarded with great gaming!

Cool thanks for the advice :D. Yep its a Dell, its pretty old to be honest, like 5 years or something! ill prolly get a 128 card then( if its compatible...and if i can afford it :p) cuz all im realy looking to play is some free Internet MMORPGS, and Guild Wars....nerdy maybe, fun yes :p

yes, my school has dell optiplex GX110 (using it right now) and they are 5 years old, i am guessing you are using the same. I am still using my 64 MB intel 845 :( , but just go for a good, cheap graphics card, most games will play it, and be aware that 128 MB is ALOT, since the best video card is only 512 MB and costs $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom