How to Disable Keyboard during BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

qball419

Solid State Member
I have an old PC that I mess around with using Remote Desktop Connection. It's a headless unit (no keyboard,monitor, or mouse)..I control this using my remote laptop. The problem is this: When I restart the old PC, it looks for the keyboard and I get a 'keyboard error' or 'keyboard no present' mesage. I am then prompted to press F1 to continue or DEL to go to setup. At this point I can't use my remote desktop connection because the old PC hasn't been initiaze with the proper network settings yet. I then would have to go to the closet and bust out my keyboard and monitor--which is a pain. I can't see anything in the BIOS setup regarding a 'keyboard disable'. Is there a way to disable this so that it will ignore the presence of a keyboard and load the OS? Please let me know. Thanks for reading.

the keyboard may be mandatory for it.

my old AST requires at least a keyboard to boot up, and if the mouse isnt connected, it gives an error message in windows. Get a keyboard at least...

Look for something called a Gardian. It's an emulator for the hardware. They are used on KVM systems mostly, but they will work for what you need. if memory serves, $5-10...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom