Sub killed my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd6915

Beta member
Hi, about three months ago i placed my 200 watt logitch subwoofer next to my comp. Soon after i began experiecing all kinds of crshes and lockups during gaming and normal use. At first i thought it was a power problem so i bught a new power supply but that didnt helpl. Then i suspected a hard drvie problem but still o luck. I have since moved the sub away from the computer but still experience some lock up. Most of my problems come from extracing cab files duing game installations. I cant even install windows.net framework 1.1 with out an error. When i try i get an extracting failed message. If any one has any idea what ocomponent may have been damaged by the subwoofers magents plaese help me out. Also i have reinstalled my os since moving the sub so i dont know what the problem is.

maybe the magnetic forces somehow screwed up your drive

ie: magnetic forces interfered with your drive during a write/read which caused permanent bad sectors.

HARD DRIVE IS SCREWED

The sub uses magnets to produce sound / the hard drive flips magnet N/S with billions of little magnets to save bits as 1/0.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS A WARNING "KEEP AT LEAST 2 FEET FROM PC"

yea the hard drive itself probably isn't dead, just alot of the data. magnets are the best way to permanently destroy data on a hard drive. never put any speakers close to your case...

Yeah, I had a similar problem, just ran a chkdsk at bootup and win fixed the bad sectors.

Now if I could just get rid of this discoloration on my monitor...

The only hardware that is magnetically sensitive in your everday PC is floppy drives and hard drives.

Oh, and CRT monitorsare. Their is a slight chance it's corrupted data, however I would say this is not related to the sub, beacuse their low power subs, and hard drives are pretty immune to magnetic fields now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom