PC building guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Yo, I ordered all my parts for first build, and I was just wondering if any of you knew a good website that shows step by step w/ visuals on how to build a computer.
Thanks,
Ksing.

Thanks for the link Trotter. Today, my friend Wes brought over a "PC Gamer" magazine, and inside it has a step by step with visual to completely build a computer, and I must say, it has helped me bunches, and I'm much more confident in this build, but while reading and looking at each step, I noticed that the person said that the AMD's heatsink comes with a thermal pad, therefore you dont have to apply thermal paste. What is your opinion on this? Is it really worth buying thermal paste(i know its only 5$) but I wont be overclocking this computer(ever) and the computer wont be under full load very much.
Thanks,
Kyle

If your just gonna run stock, I wouldn't worry about it.

My comp is running using the pad, which was installed in the factory (my HS/F has never been taken off the CPU).

Cool, thanks for the info, Ordering my parts for my build today after school! :) cant wait.

Yo, just ordered my parts for my first build, thanks to who helped me out, i'll get back to you guys when i get this mini beast put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom