2x512mb RAM vs 1x1gb RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if your not overclocking you don't need expensive ram. So it doesn't really matter what brand you get.

well it would be dule channel wich is a plus but go with the 1x 1gb stick. your comp has to swittch betweene sticks fewer times and also saves the ram slot. if you can save up the cas hand get a dule channel 1x1gb lol

ok... have bought the 2x512 corsair ram... i got alot of condradictory reviews, but i dont really intend on going above 2gb RAM in this comp, so i figured id use the dual channel thing... CHEERS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!just as a final thought, would it be worth putting the existing ram stick (512) into bay 3, or would this slow down the ram as it is a different make of ram?

No. Don't. If you put the 3rd stick of ram in it doesn't allow it to run in dual channel. Kepp it the way it is. You might be able to get like $25 for that stick of ram.

I know this might be a little late but, I just bought 2 sticks of 256MB (1GB) of Corsair XMS here. My friend did as well.
I'm going to be putting 'em with an Athlon 3200+ and a MSI K8N Neo4-f.

I'm not a mathematician but the last time I check 256+256=512. Unless you mean 2 sets of 2 sticks which would give you 4 sticks in total of 1GB. If you did that might be a problem, the ram will downclock it self to DDR333MHz (PC2700) according to the manual which in effect would bottleneck your system. Unless the ram is single sided which I doubt that really sucks.

I agree with the above posters.

Note: Motherboard determines ability to run memory in dual channel mode, not the memory chip themselves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom