NEXT GEN GRAPHICS.... What to do ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
Okay, I am so confused from reading all the posts on hear related to graphics cards. I currently have 2 6800gt's in SLI. I am thinking about upgrading, but I have seen so many different viewpoints on hear, I don't know what to do.

First off, it seems to me that pricewise, the x1900xt gives more bang for the buck than the 7800GTX. But now I'm reading this stuff about DX10 and some cards not being compatable, and "wait till the 7900's come out"....

And what is the recommendation here. Which technology shows more promise, SLI or Xfire. I know most on hear are anti-both, but eventually this kind of configuration has got to start being taken advantage of by game makers....

I don't know whether to do nothing and stick with my 6800 gt's, get 2 7800 gt's, or get just one x1900xt or 7800GTX, then buy another when I have the money. WTF It seems like I should get the cheaper ATI card and wait for the DX10 cards if all that non-compatability talk is true....

Also, now Asus has this A8N32-SLI mobo that they say is true x16 pci-xpress for both cards if you have SLI. I have the A8N-SLI deluxe. Would upgrading that make any difference at all?? Haven't seen anything about that in the forums....

Anyway, thanks for the advice....

hrmm i hope i don't sound dumb,i say u stick with your graphics cards now, and upgrade when the geforce 8's come out, those are supposed to use dx10 and shader model 4.0.. i don't see why you wanna upgrade from 6800 gt's are they actually giving you problems with any games??

definately stick with what you have because im sure nvidia will soon release the 7900 and the way things are going they could release a even faster version of it to leapfrog ati for performance crown. there shouldnt be that much wrong in performance with what you have like nosboost300 said

Stick with the GTs and wait till the Geforce 8 series. 6800 GT SLI is more then enough to play games with, one 6800 GT can play most games maxed out (except soft shadows of course) and SLI should play Unreal Engine 3.0 cards on higher settings without a problem.

2 x 6800GTs are more than enough to run most games at max for like the next 6 months. Meaning you don't have to upgrade for half a year.

After that, I recommend going straight to GeForce 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom