Vista Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltjdangle911

Solid State Member
I have a 2.6ghz HT processor and 512 mb RAM

Will I be able to run Vista Build 5270 on this computer, and will it be compatible with XP computers on a network in my house?

ltjdangle911 you should be able to run Vista build 5270. Be warned as it might slow down a bit with only 512MB RAM.

@Tyler that makes no sense. With MSN Messenger (WLM) why would they only allow it to be a messenger application? That just makes no sense to me. No one is going to jump from WLM or any other messenger to another new one. Heck Google Talk is having a hard time getting off the ground.

Also Tyler why do you have a link to Thurrott in you sig? He info is so off key that it isnt even worth it. He isnt among the elite anymore with M$. He has fallen from grace. Also he lastest news about Vista was way off. Saying that Beta 2 wouldnt hit till March or whatever he said. I dont even pay attention anymore. Just wanted to ask.

Ya it should run fine, i run vista on a 500mhz computer with 192mb ram. I'm not sure about the network though

mikee said:
Ya it should run fine, i run vista on a 500mhz computer with 192mb ram. I'm not sure about the network though
Thats not true.....

Vista follows XPs standards and will not allow installs if your under 256 RAM as I ran into conflicts on my old PC under a Virtual PC. What version did you do this on?

XP install on 8MHz and 64MB of RAM, and it runs on 8MHz and 20MB of RAM. Minimum system requirements are always overrated. I am sure Vista will run on very low specs, way lower that "recommended", just like all other Windows versions did.

I have installed drivers for my sound card and restarted, however there is no sound coming from my computer when I run Vista. What's going on?

What sound card do you have? Not all sound card drivers are supported in Vista. They may install but they dont all work correctly. I would put on an MP3 or something and switch the input on the back to see if the sound is coming out a differnt port. I knwo with my sound card i had to use the Microphone output to hear anything in Vista insta of the normal one tha i used for XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom