Windows XP X64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zindel

Baseband Member
okay so i have all the req for the os and when i installed it, it said its done and all okay and it reboots well once the windows loading screen is done it just goes black and stays black so i figure i would try to repair the os and that dident work did the exact same thing...am i missing something?

Didn't happen to myself or other members who meet the requirments as far as I know.

Please post your specs

i have a amd 64 3800+ duel core with 2 gb of ram and a 120 gb hard drive and asus motherborad a8n-e with a ati graphics card its all top of the line stuff the only thing is that the hard drive isent sata but i wouldent think that matters and i have a sata hard drive also if thats the problem

do you have any idea why it would do something like that? is there a motherboard driver or something i need?

okay so i googled the problem and i heard someone had 4 sitcks of 512 and i have that and they said they replaced theirs with 2 1 gib sticks and they said it worked great so i figured what the heck why not try it so i take out one stick boot up and bam it works so if anyone else has this problem in that sence then that would be your thing to change

I'm sorry I couldn't get to help you in time but I'm happy you've found your problem. Also happy no ignorant person starting ranting about the OS when it was hardware related.

thanx yea i knew it was something hardware but i wasent sure, it was also a student disk so i wasent too worried about it i was just asking for answers just cant figure out why that 4th stick would throw it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom