XP installation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
I recently installed XP on a new laptop. I installation seemed to go fine exept for a few minor issues. I notice when I try to change my screen resolution from 1400X1050 to anything less, I get a black frame around the new setting. Also the video card I have has (multiple monitors) next to it. I do not have multiple monitors. Help?!:mad:

The reason you get a black "ring" is because you changed the resolution, but you didn't change the size of the screen. You need to "stretch" the desktop to the border of your laptop.

The "two" monitor means that your card supports video out and you could potential hook up a TV or monitor. You don't need to worry about the "second" monitor in your settings.+

I have my desktop set to stretch and I still have the ring. I noticed when I restart, it goes right back to the original resolution.

don't you have to "manually change it?..... if there are any buttons, use the bottons on the monitor to help get rid of the black rings.

I have had a same prob with my laptop. And my suggestion is downloading latest monitor driver. :)

The new settings don't stay. How can I find out what kind of monitor I have on my laptop?

I'm using COMPAQ Evo N800v. What about yours? If you know the manufacture, you simply go to their site and find drivers for monitor.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom