Who makes monitors for Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idorace

Solid State Member
I am particularly interested in the 1905FP. I'm sure they don't make their own, do they?

Dell makes their own. They have them made over seas so they can basically give them away. Each monitor costs more to ship it than it does to make it.

gotta love outsourcing.

Yea and yet they sell them for prices more expensive then Newegg.com sells their retail LCD's for. They're solid from what I've heard, but they don't have awesome response times or other technical specs.

I hate Dell... it makes my blood boil how cheap they make thier computers seem. I mean, realisitically, a good computer, all said and done costs more than a prebuilt. But people don't know what specs actually make a computer run faster, so they don't care. They just see the price tag... The whole monitor thing just bothers me. Why are they so expensive?? I don't like to pay over $100 for a 17 inch regular CRT monitor.

Ryan

I don't care for Dell either, but there are always good deals on Ebay on their products. You can normally find a 1905FP (their better 19" model, 800:1, good reviews) for around $280 brand new including shipping.

If anybody has any other suggestions, I would appreciate your feed back.

Jeff

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I hate Dell... it makes my blood boil how cheap they make thier computers seem. I mean, realisitically, a good computer, all said and done costs more than a prebuilt. But people don't know what specs actually make a computer run faster, so they don't care. They just see the price tag... The whole monitor thing just bothers me. Why are they so expensive?? I don't like to pay over $100 for a 17 inch regular CRT monitor.

Ryan

Welcome to the world of "business."

I've heard good things about the Dell LCD monitors. I'm pretty sure they make their own. Yes they are expensive and their computers are cheap. What a crazy mixed up world we live in huh?

There are hundreds of monitor manufacturers but only a few of them build the essential component: the panel. This element gathers electronic components and liquid crystals. This is the panel that will determine the monitorÂ’s quality. Four manufacturers clearly dominate the market: Samsung, LG-Philips (in this area, these two are united), AU Optronics and CMO. Monitor manufacturers just buy a panel, design and build a bezel and combine the two of them. Now the most important part is the choice of the panel. Hundreds of products are available and are split in three families, three technologies with up and downsides.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/572-1/19-lcd-monitor-survey-4-8-ms-tn-ips-va.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom